Oròbix is looking for a talented Biostatistician with a clinical background and interest in software development.
You will join the fast growing Data science team mainly dedicated to statistics, machine learning and deep learning. We need your curiosity and creativity to select, develop and fit the best algorithms to challenging and real-world problems. As a Biostatistician you will work with unique data sets from different sectors across the world and cutting-edge technology.
Your role and responsibilities
- You will enjoy a varied role working for different sponsors across several business areas, leading projects and mentoring junior members of the department.
- You will work in an international context, in a team of engineers with different skillset, interfacing stakeholders and with full responsibility on deliverables. It is essential that you are a focused person with excellent communication skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals.
- You will perform complex statistical analyses, drive statistical discussion and guide and control the quality of statistical analyses developed by other team members.
- You will be involved in the design and preparation of regulatory documentation for projects. For example, you might be involved in drafting the statistical analysis plan or evaluating sample size.
- You will also collaborate with medical and programming staff to produce interim reports and final reports, allowing a comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the clinical trial data and outcome.
- You will have the opportunity to work in the product team on the development of new features to improve our AI solutions to meet market needs.
- You will perform the biostatistical components of plans for projects that establish the essential conditions for determining the safety, efficacy and marketability of medical device products that will be submitted for certification.
- R or python proficiency including use of a variety of statistical procedures (non-parametric analysis, linear / non-linear models, bayesian models, categorical data, survival analysis)
- Experience in the preparation of Statistical Analysis Plans, reporting, etc
- Ability to effectively communicate statistical concepts
- Knowledge of the overall clinical trial process or regulatory submissions procedure (es: FDA)
- Experience designing, implementing and applying novel algorithms for scientific analysis
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written)
- Problem solving attitude
- Strong autonomy
The following are considered a plus
- Experience in regulatory compliance guidelines for clinical trials and medical devices (e.g. ISO)
- Familiarity with deep learning or machine learning models
- Project management skills
- Familiarity with medical imaging data
- Result orientation;
- Strong autonomy;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to manage complex negotiations;
- Strong spirit of teamwork.
At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
MSc degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or related field
- Multi-cultural, supportive, inclusive and friendly working environment
- Smart Working: we believe that the smart working can truly add value when balances flexibility and performance, the individual and the company.
- Awesome community of open-minded professionals, environment boosting the development of your technical and soft skills
- Your influence on product stack, solutions and work-frame
- Short and fast decision-making due to flat hierarchy
- Great office space located in Bergamo, Travagliato (BS), Rovereto (TN)
3-steps hiring process
- Interview with the Technical Leader (1 hour)
- HR Interview (1 hour)
- Interview with the Founders (Pietro & Luca – 1 hour)
Why is this position open?
Oròbix is growing. Come grow with us! We are expanding the team due to increasing customer base and feature requests for our AI solutions.
How will I know my performance at work?
We use a consolidated performance management system that provides feedback on what is doing well and what can be done better or differently.We set shorter-term goals tracked transparently with periodically feedback and alignment on your progress.
I am not currently working in the Artificial Intelligence sector, but I would like to work at Oròbix.
At Oròbix, we embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to apply for our job openings, no matter who you are or what your background is. So if your profile is in line with the competencies requested in our job opportunities, please feel free to apply. We have opportunities in software development, data science and sales areas.
How is the work and life balance at Oròbix?
At Oròbix, we’re committed to flexible workplace policies. We are testing and developing working tools and a new organisational set-up to make a real and permanent change in the way we work. We believe that the smart working can truly add value when balances flexibility and performance, the individual and the company.
I still have some questions that I need answers to. How can I get in touch?
You can always send questions related to the recruitment process to email@example.com.